Facility Renovation and Adaptive Reuse
1900 West Park Drive
This renovation of a 1960 vintage cast-in-place concrete chapel was undertaken to better meet the needs of the congregation and to address current liturgical practices. The entrance was redirected to better relate to the surrounding buildings. In addition, an exterior plaza and interior gathering area were added to create a climate of hospitality. The main sanctuary was made more intimate and wheelchair accessible. The altar was brought into the center of the space, pews were replaced with movable chairs, and the balcony was extended to bring members seated there closer to the celebration. The renovation also included a new Eucharistic chapel and reconciliation chapel along with new artwork, stained glass, and religious furniture.